Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Daycare

Mallory will be starting daycare next week :( I'm having mixed emotions about it. In the end I think it will be good for her and me to get a little break but I am not looking forward to having to buy disposable diapers (she has been in cloth 100% of the time since she was 1 1/2 mo old.) or having to pump (she's also 100% breastfed). I talked with the daycare this morning when I dropped Anna off and the good thing is they are going to have me bring in frozen milk that they will thaw and use as needed- so that's good. I won't have to worry about pumping x number of ounces each day to try and keep up with her, and I won't have to worry about them running out and giving her formula, and I won't have to worry about trying to figure out how much she's taking in a feeding- they'll have enough to figure that out for me and not waste any extra that was pre-thawed.

I am just hoping to continue exclusively breastfeeding her. I HATE to pump and I don't want to fall into a rut where I give her formula just because it's easier. I suppose if I see things heading that way I could just pull her back out of daycare though :)

No comments: